Arranging a Funeral
The total cost of a funeral will depend on the arrangements you wish to have put in place and the relevant fees will fall into three categories:
- Planning fee
- Third-party fees
Bance Funeral Services will provide you with a written estimate prior to the conduct of the funeral. This estimate will clearly set out the goods and services falling within each of these categories. Following the funeral, a final account will be provided to you. This account will also clearly set out the relevant fees.
When you engage Bance Funeral Services to arrange and conduct a funeral, we charge a Planning Fee. This is a fee for engaging our professional services and reflects the advice, guidance, care and creativity our teams provides throughout the process.
The following items are included in the Planning Fee:
- Prompt personal attention 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year.
- Making arrangements, liaising with third-party service providers and other related activities.
- Use of our premises for arrangement meetings.
- Use of our facilities for viewing or vigil prayers.
- Use of our gathering space for the service.
- Supply of vehicles.
- Preparation and lodgement of death and/or funeral notices, including online notices.
- Registration of death with Births Deaths and Marriages.
- Staff members required to conduct the service.
- Transfer of the deceased within a 100km radius of Wagga Wagga into our care.
- Collection of ashes.
Fees for the following items are not included in the Planning Fee. Some items are required for all funerals and others are optional. These items are generally supplied by Bance Funeral Services and will be charged accordingly.
- Transfer of the deceased outside normal working hours into the care of Bance Funeral Services.
- Purchase of coffin or casket.
- Order of Service Booklets.
- Mortuary care.
- Audio Visual presentation.
- Embalming (where required).
- Grave marker for rural cemeteries.
- Weekend and public holiday surcharges.
- Third party fees.
Third Party Fees
Also called disbursements, third-party fees are paid by Bance Funeral Services (at cost) on your behalf to the suppliers so that we are able to conduct the funeral in accordance with your wishes.
When it comes to a funeral service, there is no one size that fits all. Whether it be a traditional religious service or a contemporary celebration that you are after, our staff can suggest suppliers who can provide the services you need at a price that will suit.
Services attracting third-party fees may include:
- Cemetery (burial plot/reservations/chapel hire).
- Crematorium (chapel hire, cremation fees).
- Medical certificates (where required).
- Death Certificate.
- Clergy or Celebrant.
- Venue hire.
- Music (including musicians/vocalists).
- Death and/or funeral notices.
- Memorial options.
- Monumental masonry.
GST is payable on all Bance Funeral Services Planning Fee and the supply of related goods and services.